Saturday, June 20, 2009

McKinley Park Gardens

This morning I got up EARLY 7 am (this is Saturday) and drove to McKinley Park to meet fellow photographers from my camera club. Our job was to practice "macro photography" techniques -- that means you use your longest lens and get very close to a flower and try to take a very artsy, soft-focus photgraph of a flower, or even just PART of a flower. We went early because when the traffic on H Street picks up, it creates wind and makes the picture-taking difficult. Well, today, the traffic made no difference -- it was windy anyway ! So it was a bit of a challenge. But it was fun to be there among other photographers - we had about five or six. One of them, the President of our Sierra Camera Club, used to be my professor at CSUS when I was in Grad school -- in 1980. He has since retired and I'm so impressed with his photography skills -- he's a master at creating beautiful macro shots, especially of poppies. Another group that was there consisted of artists -- painters, sketchers, etc., and of course there were many people running and walking around the park. Quite a lively place at 7:30 in the morning !! Don't people like to sleep in ?? Actually, I envy them. I wish I were a morning person, but I much prefer to stay up late and sleep in. But not today !

No comments:

Post a Comment